AKOG is a resource designed for industry employees by industry employees. The goal is to share information about the industry that you can use to talk to others about what you do and why it matters.
Oil and gas has provided countless benefits to Alaska and we want you to help spread the word. For example, did you know:
- Oil and gas paid over $2.7 billion in taxes and royalties to state and local governments in 2017
- Oil and gas contributed $350 million to the Permanent Fund in 2017 meaning higher dividend payments for all Alaskans
- Oil and gas accounts for 32% of all jobs and 35% of all wages paid in Alaska
- Every oil and gas job in Alaska creates 20 new jobs in the state
- New oil and gas discoveries and projects in Alaska represent more than all petroleum recovered to date (17 billion barrels and counting)